Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Review! Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Before I Fall
Lauren Oliver
HarperCollins
March 2, 2010
ISBN-10: 006172680X
ISBN-13: 978-0061726804

What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?
Samantha Kingston has it all: the world's most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High—from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life.
Instead, it turns out to be her last.
Then she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death—and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.
Before I Fall is one of those books that long after you finish reading it, it'll still be stuck in your mind. It's one of those books that will you cry and laugh and more importantly, think about the choices that you've made in your life so far.
I Got a First Look at Barnes & Noble.  Get Your Copy Now

Samantha Kingston is one of the most popular girls in her school, she's got her friends, a great boyfriend, and at first what seems to be a perfect care-free life. That is, until after a crazy night, she wakes to repeat the same day - February 12th. Turns out, that's the day she dies. Now Sam has a chance - well, seven chances - to relive that day, and make difference decisions. But is it too late to change the outcome?

Very rarely, I read books that literally affect me, and Before I Fall is one of those books. It's hard to describe how while I was reading about what Sam was going through, how it seems she was going through the five stages of dying, I was thinking of the decisions I've made in my life so far and were I to die right now, would I regret not telling someone I love them? Would I think that I could have made better decisions? This story is a roller-coaster of emotions and I felt pleasantly exhausted when I finished the book. Before I Fall is an incredible story about loss and love and living with the choices you've made. It's not a book just for young adults, it's for moms and college student and fathers and every single person who at one point has felt their mortality ticking by and has wondered: What happens next? 

Lush Rating: 4!

- Debut Author Challenge 2010

8 comments:

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Great review! This book was flat out amazing!

brizmus said...

A book that will make me think about the choices I have made in life. Hmmmm. . .it does sound quite good!

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Awesome review, I was really blown away by this book too! I'm actually just running a contest on my blog in case anyone wants to win a copy. :)

Smokinhotbooks said...

Wendsie I'm lazy what genre is this book?

The Queen B said...

Hey babe, awesome review! Now I wanna read it. Muah!

Robby said...

I'm reading this book right now! I loved your review. :]

Glory said...

I wanna it. Everyone said that it's awesome. Im ready to cry. :)

Alexia561 said...

Loved this book, so happy to see that you enjoyed it as well! It really makes you stop and think about the ripple effect every little action might have on others. Great book!

He can Chapter-32 me anytime!

Bones is Mine