Monday, July 27, 2009

Young Adult books.

I wasn't big on read YA books, I admit. About a year ago (honestly, I'm fairly certain it was longer than that) I read Holly Black's Valiant and Tithe and loved those books. However, since then there had sadly only a handful of YA books that I've read. Some that come to mind are Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols (LOVED it), and Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow (Liked it, as well).

Lately though, I have been wanting to read more YA. I'm amazed at how many books I've found that I'm genuinely excited about reading. It's insane that I could have been so closed-minded when it came to this booming genre and I'm ashamed of that. Because of that, I recently brought Evernight by Claudia Gray. I've heard amazing things about this series and I'm so excited to start reading these books.

I have found a crazy amount of other YA books that I want to read as well - some of them include Evermore & Blue Moon by Alyson Noel; Need by Carrie Jones; The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong, and Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I could actually keep going but I digress.

(I'm actually building a huge list on my Goodreads account. Oooh, boy.)

I think I'll find some amazing stories, I'm insanely excited to tap into this genre.

1 comment:

Marg said...

I am really looking forward to reading Kelley Armstrong's YA books. I love her books at the best of times!

He can Chapter-32 me anytime!

Bones is Mine