Monday, July 13, 2009

Must Reads: Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland


MARK OF THE DEMON
Diana Rowland
Bantam Dell
June 23, 2009
ISBN: 978-0553592351

When Homicide Detective Kara Gillian finds traces of arcane power on a body, she quickly realizes that this is no ordinary murder. The serial killer known as the Symbol Man is a nightmare that Beaulac, Louisiana thought had ended three years ago, but now he's back for an encore and leaving every indication on the flesh of his victims that he is well-versed in demonic lore.

However, Kara is a Summoner of Demons, and may be the only cop on the city's small force who can stop the killer. Able to see and interact with a world most people can't, Kara must draw on her skills as a police officer and master of the arcane to stop the Symbol Man from killing again and possibly summoning something even she can't control.

But with a demonic lord of unearthly beauty and power haunting her dreams, and a handsome yet disapproving FBI agent dogging her waking footsteps, she may be in way over her head....


Mark of the Demon is just plain AWESOME. Honestly, one of the best debut novels I've read in a long time. I can't say enough good things, the plot was great and kept me on my feet, the characters draw you in, they ripped their claws in my gut in the first page and would not let go for the rest of the book (wow, gruesome imagery there) and I had a blast reading it. And I adore the cover!

No comments:

He can Chapter-32 me anytime!

Bones is Mine