Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
October 13, 2009
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
I can't tell how much I've been looking forward to reading this book and sometimes when I'm chomping at the bits for a certain soon-to-be-released book I just get it in my head that that certain book will be AWESOME and blow me away. Well, Hush, Hush did that to me. I have the hardest times writing reviews for books I love because apart from saying OMG, YOU HAVE TO READ THIS, what more do you need?
Well, I've made a list: Why You Need To Read Hush, Hush. And PRONTO.
1. It's set in Coldwater, Maine, a spooky mostly-isolated town. Perfect setting for mystery and dare I say, murder?
2. High School Drama, which, admit it, it's always fun to read!
3. The heroine, Nora, is unbelievably real as a character. Fitzpatrick has written an awesome character that you can't help but love.
4. One word: Patch. Hooboy. This is, by far, one of my favorite characters ever. He's so mysterious and sexy and if he wasn't a fallen angel but an actually student I would feel slightly pervy about having these thoughts about him!
5. Nora and Patch are FABULOUS together. He's such a flirty little hunk and because Nora definitively has some common sense, she knows that something's going on but how could she - or any one else! - resist Patch, I ask?
6. There's some parts in Hush, Hush that I actually blushed and grinned like an utter idiot because the chemistry between these two characters just comes right off the page and that was one of my favorite things.
I could keep going but this is the gist of it: Hush, Hush is a fantastic debut with characters that you'll fall in love with and a plot that'll keep guessing until the very end. I highly recommend it to anyone - from a 17-year-old to a 32-year-old. It's a wonderful story and I, for one, cannot wait for more of Patch! And uhm, Nora too!
Oh! And one last thing - the cover! Oh my god, huge kudos to the S&S Cover Dept. It's FABULOUS. If you like a chance to win a poster of Hush, Hush (I know I would!) and to check out the book's trailer, go here.