Monday, August 16, 2010

Review! Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill


Twice Bitten
A Chicagoland Vampires Novel, book 3)
Chloe Neill
NAL Trade 
July 6, 2010 
ISBN-10: 0451230647 
ISBN-13: 978-0451230645

Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit, Chicago's newest vampire. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene-and to spy for the vamps while she's at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan's offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.

Unfortunately, someone is gunning for Gabriel, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She'll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals-not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries-old master vampire.
Twice Bitten is the third installment in the Chicagoland Vampires series and Merit's back with a vengeance! As a new vampire and also the Sentinel of the Cadogan House, she's got her hands full. Now, the werewolves are coming into town to have a type of conference and Merit has to play bodyguard for Gabriel Keene, the Alpha of the werewolves. Before you know it, Merit's ankle deep in trying to save Gabriel from assassination attempts and to make things even more complicated, she's also dealing with some enemies from the past possibly coming back. Between playing bodyguard for Gabriel, finding out who and why is trying to kill him and stop the conference and dealing with Cadogan House issues, including a certain super-hot Master vampire, Merit has got a lot going on! And she better deal with it soon - before someone ends up dead.

Twice Bitten is a fabulous addition to an already pretty awesome series! I've always been a fan of Merit and her ass-kicking ways but I still think that she's got the worst taste in men! She's had the hots for Ethan, her boss and Master vampire from the get-go and I still don't like him. He's annoying and so full of himself and yes, maybe he is super gorgeous and powerful but I can't stand that man! The thing is, in this story, I actually thought that maybe he was changing a bit and really started liking him. However, he messed up things bad and I'm totally back to hating him. My favorite character makes an appearance, though! Adorable, geeky, sexylicious Jeff. I really wish he'd had a bigger role in the story because he's awesome and I adore him!

I highly enjoyed Twice Bitten! It's an action-packed, gritty and sexy story with really great characters (Jeff!) and I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in this series.

Lush Rating: 4!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I love this series! And even though Ethan is a complete a-hole sometimes, I still love him. I think maybe I love his potential and I'm utterly convinced Chloe Neill will turn him around before the end of the series:)

Wendy said...

Hi, Jenny!

Ugh, Ethan just pissed me off! I was thinking that maybe he was changing but then, bam! He's back to being a jackass. Grr, lol.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this one looks awesome! thanks for the great review!

Anilú Magloire said...

I have it on my TBR list. Great review, Thanks :)

Ladytink_534 said...

I loved the first two books and I can't wait to read this one. I'm not really all that crazy about Ethan either.

Wendy said...

Thanks Carrie and Anilu!

Lady, I hope you like this one! Ugh, Ethan..

The Queen B said...

I still haven't read this series. I know, I know, I am of the suck. :P

Wendy said...

B - It's okay, I still heart you! ;)

The Queen B said...

Thanks babe...that's a comfort :P

Wendy said...

IT BETTER BE! ;)

He can Chapter-32 me anytime!

Bones is Mine